Problem in developing newsreader in vb.net

balu

Hello,

I am developing a Newsreader in vb.net and i am getting a problem in posting
article to newserver for a particular set of newsgroups. i developin g this
newsreader using nntp commands.I need vb.net code for posting a article . I
getting a problem in defining a article format.

Kindly , Send me code for posting article in vb.net using nntp command
"post".

with regards,
balu.

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Hi,

[Removed extra NGs]

What is the problem you're having? I remember I wrote some code to post NNTP
articles in Delphi about 5 years ago (don't ask me for it - I don't have
this code anymore), so I can probably be helpful.

For example, here's how your own post looks internally (below)

You don't need the Message-ID header while posting an article (as well as
the Path and the NNTP-Posting-Host ones), and, as far as I remember, you
need the Xref only for replies and cross-posts.
The X- headers are also mainly optional.

From: "balu" <[email protected]>
Subject: Problem in developing newsreader in vb.net
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:27:12 +0530
Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.dotnet.academic,microsoft.public.dotnet.academic.assignment_manager,microsoft.public.dotnet.datatools,microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps,microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.fr
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs:15698 microsoft.public.dotnet.framework:85586
microsoft.public.dotnet.academic:9080