Problem in dropdownlist value.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by skaliyamoorthy@gmail.com, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello Gurus,

    I am new to .net development. We are developing asp.net Mobile
    application. in that we have dropdownlist. for databinding to the
    dropdownlost we are using the the following code,

    Dim dsDefects As New DataSet

    strSQL = "select
    Shortdesc,LongDesc,convert(varchar(20),Codeid)+'_'+isnull(userdefinedvalue2,'0')
    CodeID,Sortorder from codes where CodeCategoryID = 2 and
    userdefinedvalue1 = 2 order by sortorder"
    dsDefects = oUtilities.GetDataSet(strSQL, "DefectLists")

    nlst_Defect.DataSource = dsDefects
    nlst_Defect.DataMember = "DefectLists"
    nlst_Defect.DataValueField = "CodeID"
    nlst_Defect.DataTextField = "LongDesc"
    nlst_Defect.DataBind()
    nlst_Defect.Items.Insert(0, "Select One")

    Once the page is loaded in the browser, when i looked into "view
    source", the dropdownlist value is like "0,1,2,3...." instead of the
    actual "CodeID" value.

    what could be the issue. I am really stuck in here. I tried the same
    code in regular asp.net web application, everything is looks fine. I
    wanted to do some client side validation on this dropdownlist box.
    thats why, Please help me out.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Saran.

    , Feb 27, 2006