problem in excel file opened in Internet exploer

sakons

I have created excel file with data from a query
#in asp or asp.net+c
but when I run the applicaiotn i get the open /save popup
when I choose open -> the file is opened in the IE (and is seen as a
excel file)and when I click File-> save as->I get the type: shtml or
html
but i want to to get the type: xls
How can I do it?
I all ready us
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
and
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", " filename=ExcelFile.xls");
with thanks

Shlomy Akons

Slim

sakons said:
I have created excel file with data from a query
#in asp or asp.net+c
but when I run the applicaiotn i get the open /save popup
when I choose open -> the file is opened in the IE (and is seen as a
excel file)and when I click File-> save as->I get the type: shtml or
html

you should be able to change it from html to xls in the save as dialog box

Shlomy akons

thanks a lot for the qiuck answer but i ment
that the default file extention will be xls - so the user won't have to
select the appropriate extention

Thanks a lot in advance

Shlomy Akons