    of XML so maybe my web.xml is wrong, i also have another question that
    can't we made our jsp pages outside tomcat installtion directory ?
    plz. help me
    vasu, Nov 7, 2005

  2. vasu

    Bryce Guest

    On 7 Nov 2005 06:13:54 -0800, "vasu" <> wrote:

    >hi
    >i am new to jsp and i am learning it from oreilly JSP by Bergsten, the
    >psoblem is that when i try to run an example from book
    >1+2+3=<c:eek:ut value="{1+2+3}">

    Don't forget to close your tag, its requirred in XML
    1+2+3=<c:eek:ut value="{1+2+3}"/>

    >then only template text appears
    >i m using tomcat 4.1 and download jstl1.1 jar files, is it the possible
    >reason that jstl result is not visible, also as i don't have any idea
    >of XML so maybe my web.xml is wrong, i also have another question that
    >can't we made our jsp pages outside tomcat installtion directory ?
    >plz. help me

    Where did you put the jstl1.1.jar file?

    No, you cannot run a JSP page outside the web app.

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Nov 7, 2005

  3. vasu

    vasu Guest

    there is no jstl1.1 but jstl and there is another file called
    standard.jar
    i copy both of them in /common/lib and /webapps/Root/web-inf/lib
    in /root/web-inf/ there was no lib directory previously so i made it
    vasu, Nov 7, 2005