problem in populating treeview --asp.net 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Erland, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Erland

    Erland Guest

    Hello all,

    I have just installed visual studio .net 2005 and started developing
    programs in asp.net 2.0. I have a scenerio where I have to populate
    treeview child nodes based on the entries being entered in textbox,but
    there is this thing I need to consider. Values in treeview nodes should
    be populated as nodes, all child nodes in this case, as soon as vales
    are being entered in textbox. That is to say, if I enter H in textbox
    then H should be displayed as the text of the treeview node rightaway.
    Here is an example
    textbox text: H
    treeview node text:H
    textbox text: E
    treeview node text:E
    textbox text: L
    treeview node text:L
    textbox text: O
    treeview node text:O

    So at this point both treeview node and text box should display HELLO.
    Moreover, what asp.net page event I need to consider for this. Though I
    am new to asp.net 2.0 but I reckon this should be happening at
    client-side. But being new to asp.net 2.0, I am not sure. I hope I have
    made my point clear. I will really appreciate any help in this regard.

    Regards,
    Erland
    Erland, Sep 15, 2006