problem in rubygems installation

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by dare ruby, Jul 10, 2008.

  1. dare ruby

    dare ruby Guest

    Dear all,

    while installing rubygems(1.2.0) in windows I am getting the below
    error.
    command used: ruby setup.rb

    /lib/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load --
    zlib (Loa
    dError)
    from ./lib/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:1
    from ./lib/rubygems/source_index.rb:10:in `require'
    from ./lib/rubygems/source_index.rb:10
    from ./lib/rubygems.rb:767:in `require'
    from ./lib/rubygems.rb:767
    from setup.rb:22:in `require'
    from setup.rb:22

    can anyone help me to solve this error.

    I didn't use 'one click installer' for ruby installation. bez I need to
    build 'Ruby extensions'. so,
    I have installed ruby by 'configure' and 'nmake' commands.
    (within: c:/ruby/win32)
    now I am able to run the ruby extension program.

    NOTE:
    I am using ruby version 1.8.6. with MSVC6

    Thanks in advance.
    dare ruby, Jul 10, 2008

  2. dare ruby

    dare ruby Guest

    Dear all,

    This error is due to the version of the rubygems.
    now I have changed the version rubygems version into the older one. now
    its installed properly.

    Regards.
    dare ruby, Jul 11, 2008

  3. dare ruby

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Jul 10, 2008, at 23:39 PM, dare ruby wrote:
    > This error is due to the version of the rubygems.
    > now I have changed the version rubygems version into the older one.
    > now
    > its installed properly.

    It won't work without zlib.
    Eric Hodel, Jul 15, 2008