problem in sending email

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Baffin Shea, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Baffin Shea

    Baffin Shea Guest

    Dear All,

    I have made a .asp file in order to send email to my :

    <%

    Set mail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")

    mail.To = ""
    mail.From = ""
    mail.Subject = "email subject"
    mail.Body = "email body"
    mail.Send

    %>

    The smtp function have been installed with the IIS, there is no error and
    the .asp seems running properly but I can't receive any email, any wrong?
    Thanks for help.

    Baffin Shea, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Baffin Shea

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Is the From: address valid?

    Does the mail end up in the badmail directory?

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Baffin Shea" <> wrote in message
    : Dear All,
    :
    : I have made a .asp file in order to send email to my :
    :
    : <%
    :
    : Set mail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")
    :
    : mail.To = ""
    : mail.From = ""
    : mail.Subject = "email subject"
    : mail.Body = "email body"
    : mail.Send
    :
    : %>
    :

    Ken Schaefer, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Baffin Shea

    John Savidge Guest

    I just posted a similar problem in another thread as I missed this one.

    The emails my form generates end up in the bad mail folder. What could be
    causing this?

    Thanks

    John

    John Savidge, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Baffin Shea

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    In the badmail folder there should be several files for each message. Open
    them in notepad. One will be your original message. One will contain the
    reason the message could not be delivered. If you're still stuck, post the
    contents of those files here.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "John Savidge" <> wrote in message
    : I just posted a similar problem in another thread as I missed this one.
    :
    : The emails my form generates end up in the bad mail folder. What could be
    : causing this?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : John
    :
    : "Ken Schaefer" <> wrote in message
    : news:%23R$...
    : > Is the From: address valid?
    : >
    : > Does the mail end up in the badmail directory?
    : >
    : > Cheers
    : > Ken
    : >
    : > "Baffin Shea" <> wrote in message
    : > news:3f5c08ac$...
    : > : Dear All,
    : > :
    : > : I have made a .asp file in order to send email to my :
    : > :
    : > : <%
    : > :
    : > : Set mail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")
    : > :
    : > : mail.To = ""
    : > : mail.From = ""
    : > : mail.Subject = "email subject"