problem in sending email

Baffin Shea

Dear All,

I have made a .asp file in order to send email to my (e-mail address removed):

<%

Set mail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")

mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
mail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
mail.Subject = "email subject"
mail.Body = "email body"
mail.Send

%>

The smtp function have been installed with the IIS, there is no error and
the .asp seems running properly but I can't receive any email, any wrong?
Thanks for help.

Ken Schaefer

Is the From: address valid?

Does the mail end up in the badmail directory?

Cheers
Ken

: Dear All,
:
: I have made a .asp file in order to send email to my (e-mail address removed):
:
: <%
:
: Set mail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")
:
: mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
: mail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
: mail.Subject = "email subject"
: mail.Body = "email body"
: mail.Send
:
: %>
:
: The smtp function have been installed with the IIS, there is no error and
: the .asp seems running properly but I can't receive any email, any wrong?
: Thanks for help.
:
:

John Savidge

I just posted a similar problem in another thread as I missed this one.

The emails my form generates end up in the bad mail folder. What could be
causing this?

Thanks

John

Ken Schaefer

In the badmail folder there should be several files for each message. Open
them in notepad. One will be your original message. One will contain the
reason the message could not be delivered. If you're still stuck, post the
contents of those files here.

Cheers
Ken

: I just posted a similar problem in another thread as I missed this one.
:
: The emails my form generates end up in the bad mail folder. What could be
: causing this?
:
: Thanks
:
: John
:
: : > Is the From: address valid?
: >
: > Does the mail end up in the badmail directory?
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: > : > : Dear All,
: > :
: > : I have made a .asp file in order to send email to my (e-mail address removed):
: > :
: > : <%
: > :
: > : Set mail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")
: > :
: > : mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
: > : mail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
: > : mail.Subject = "email subject"
: > : mail.Body = "email body"
: > : mail.Send
: > :