Problem in Table Width

Rakesh Thakor

Hi all,
I want to scroll a dynamic table inside div. My code is as below,
<head>
charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<!--
body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
table {
border:#FF0000;
table-layout:auto;
width:auto;
}
div {
width:#px;
overflow:scroll;
}
-->

Can anyone guide me that where is the problem?

Regards,
Rakesh

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Rakesh Thakor:
I want to scroll a dynamic table inside div. My code is as below,

Post the URL, not code. Read the group for a week to understand why.

Thank you for the bogosity warning.
<!--

More bogosity. Which browsers are you targeting? Netscape 1? And have you
any idea of what XHTML user agents are allowed to do with comments inside
style elements?
width:#px;
Huh?

Bogosity overflow.
Can anyone guide me that where is the problem?

In your design of a page. It simply makes no sense.

Why would you make a table scrollable when it is the sole content of a div
that is the sole content of the document? By doing exactly nothing for it,
you get scroll bars for the page if needed.

Rakesh Thakor

Scripsit Rakesh Thakor:

Post the URL, not code. Read the group for a week to understand why.

Thank you for the bogosity warning.

More bogosity. Which browsers are you targeting? Netscape 1? And have you
any idea of what XHTML user agents are allowed to do with comments inside
style elements?

Bogosity overflow.

In your design of a page. It simply makes no sense.

Why would you make a table scrollable when it is the sole content of a div
that is the sole content of the document? By doing exactly nothing for it,
you get scroll bars for the page if needed.

Hi Jukka,
I am creating one dynamic application actully Table is divide into
multiple column and those column will come from database so i do not
know that how many column will add by user so its dynamic table thats
why i require horizontal scrollbar.

CSS Comment is by mistake i think.

I am approaching IE 6+ browser.

Your Idea/Suggestion are most welcome.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
RK

rf

Rakesh Thakor said:
Hi all,
I want to scroll a dynamic table inside div.

A, er, dynamic table?
My code is as below,

Don't post code. Post a URL.

Use strict for new documents. and HTML 4.01 as well.
<title>Untitled Document</title>

What generated this?
<!--

<!-- has not been needed since last century.
border:#FF0000;

You forgot border-style: border: solid 1px $f00;
table-layout:auto;
table-layout?

div {
width:#px;

How many pixels? #? Ah, yes, a "number" of them :)

See above.

If you are going to use CSS then put ALL the presentational stuff in CSS.

width='1900'

px is for CSS, not for presentational stuff in [X]HTML.
Can anyone guide me that where is the problem?

Probably the validator over at http://validator.w3.org/ - it would have
solved your problems. Well, many of them :)

However, this does not look like tabular data to me.

Dan

I am creating one dynamic application actully Table is divide into
multiple column and those column will come from database so i do not
know that how many column will add by user so its dynamic table thats
why i require horizontal scrollbar.

....which the browser will provide all by itself if you don't interfere
with its normal operation. By the way, what's the deal with the 1900-
pixel-wide columns? Do you expect your users to have 10,000-pixel-
wide monitors?
I am approaching IE 6+ browser.

Whenever an IE browser (any version) approaches, I run really fast
away from it.

Maybe some of your users will approach your site with a better
browser, such as Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera, or Safari.

asdf

Dan said:
...which the browser will provide all by itself if you don't interfere
with its normal operation. By the way, what's the deal with the 1900-
pixel-wide columns? Do you expect your users to have 10,000-pixel-
wide monitors?

Whenever an IE browser (any version) approaches, I run really fast
away from it.

[snip]

Me too, but the reality is that most web browsing is still done with IE. No
choice... you *have* to at least make pages usable/readable in IE, sadly,
unless you have the luxury of a non-commercial project where the client
doesn't care if it works for most people or not.

Adrienne Boswell

Me too, but the reality is that most web browsing is still done with
IE. No choice... you *have* to at least make pages usable/readable in
IE, sadly, unless you have the luxury of a non-commercial project
where the client doesn't care if it works for most people or not.

I am beginning to see liqht at the end of the tunnel, there is hope. Mind
you, it's a small web site <http://www.realtybenefitsystems.com/>, whose
users are coming from Craig's list looking at apartments for rent - but the
stats for May were 65% IE, 15% Firefox, 15% Safari, and 5% other. These
are real numbers (not something out of a "web stats" script) from page
views, not hits.

asdf

Adrienne Boswell said:
I am beginning to see liqht at the end of the tunnel, there is hope. Mind
you, it's a small web site <http://www.realtybenefitsystems.com/>, whose
users are coming from Craig's list looking at apartments for rent - but
the
stats for May were 65% IE, 15% Firefox, 15% Safari, and 5% other. These
are real numbers (not something out of a "web stats" script) from page
views, not hits.

Yup, and even with those (may I suggest) conservative numbers, 65% is still
"most". ...sadly.

dorayme

Adrienne Boswell said:
I am beginning to see liqht at the end of the tunnel, there is hope. Mind
you, it's a small web site <http://www.realtybenefitsystems.com/>, whose
users are coming from Craig's list looking at apartments for rent - but the
stats for May were 65% IE, 15% Firefox, 15% Safari, and 5% other. These
are real numbers (not something out of a "web stats" script) from page
views, not hits.

15% Safari? I am starting to feel less like I am in an exclusive
club now. I do not know if this is good or bad. Who knows how to
deal with such existential questions? Not me.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
15% Safari? I am starting to feel less like I am in an exclusive
club now. I do not know if this is good or bad. Who knows how to
deal with such existential questions? Not me.

The other interesting thing about these statistics is that the properties
are in Glendale, all above Glenoaks, which is the higher priced area of
the city. Glendale is a city bordering Los Angeles, between Burbank and
Pasadena. People who work at the studios often rent in that area. I
live in the "slummy" area below Colorado, where the largest concentration
of Armenians are, and I like it a lot better because it's more European.

Blinky the Shark

Adrienne said:
The other interesting thing about these statistics is that the properties
are in Glendale, all above Glenoaks, which is the higher priced area of
the city. Glendale is a city bordering Los Angeles, between Burbank and
Pasadena. People who work at the studios often rent in that area. I
live in the "slummy" area below Colorado, where the largest concentration
of Armenians are, and I like it a lot better because it's more European.

Hey, I'm over in North Hollywood. I have a buddy over in Glendale at
Lexington and Maryland. Another Armenian enclave seems to be over in
the east side of Hollywood -- I think I've seen a "Little Armenia" sign
around Hollywood and...uh...maybe a bit east of Gower.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Blinky the Shark
Hey, I'm over in North Hollywood. I have a buddy over in Glendale at
Lexington and Maryland. Another Armenian enclave seems to be over in
the east side of Hollywood -- I think I've seen a "Little Armenia"
sign around Hollywood and...uh...maybe a bit east of Gower.

Yes, you have, IIRC it's at Bronson. Little Armenia is where the
Armenians live that aspire to live in Glendale. I have a lot of friends
who are Armenian, and my son goes to an Armenian preschool. You would
think after eight years of living in Glendale that I would know some
Armenian, all I know is Merci (thank you, same as French). Spane
understands, and I think speaks a little Armenian. Of course at three, a
lot of things he says sound Armenian.

Blinky the Shark

Adrienne said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Blinky the Shark

Yes, you have, IIRC it's at Bronson. Little Armenia is where the
Armenians live that aspire to live in Glendale. I have a lot of

Is there a formal training program? :)
friends who are Armenian, and my son goes to an Armenian preschool.
You would think after eight years of living in Glendale that I would
know some Armenian, all I know is Merci (thank you, same as French).
Spane understands, and I think speaks a little Armenian. Of course at
three, a lot of things he says sound Armenian.

I can say "pyrogies". I *think* those are Armenian. I was introduced
to them at a place across the street from a studio I used to work at on
Glendale Boulevard. The studios were owned by an Armenian family; in
addition to normal TV production there, I once did a telethon there for
sending money to poor Armenian Armenians.