Problem in the Getting Index possition in JAVA

Discussion in 'Java' started by JavaNewBie, Oct 30, 2006.

  1. JavaNewBie

    JavaNewBie Guest

    Dear Friends

    This is the bottleneck i am facing in the program which is not possible
    to solve according to my developers.

    In the program the user is selecting the TEXT. According to My
    developers it is only possilbe in java to get the INDEX for the
    selection of TEXT where it start but not for the particular word before
    the selection.

    Example:

    This is Paragraph for testing of the index of selection. Accoding to
    the [PARA] developers when i SELECT THE WORD i can [PARA} not get the
    possition of the selected word in java in the paragraph.

    HERE THE SELECT THE WORD IS SELECTED/ HIGHLIGHTED and i want to know
    what is the index for the word [PARA] which is comming just before the
    selection of the words

    Is it possible .. if yes please send me your valuable remarks.

    Your earlier reply would be a great help.

    Thanks and best regards
    Shal

    JavaNewBie, Oct 30, 2006

  2. JavaNewBie

    jartur Guest

    I didn't quite understand you, sorry. But I see no problem in getting
    any information in Java.
    If one can find the position of selected words, one may start, e.g.,
    counting back and looking for the second whitespace. But I don't really
    get in what d'you want.
    Nevertheless I repeat that you can solve in Java almost any computable
    task. And finding pos of words is some of a kind.

    jartur, Oct 30, 2006