Problem in using JSP:useBean tag

onkar.yeolekar

I have tried a lot of options but coudn't find the answer.

I don't understand how to use this Beans with JSP page.
When I run the page it gives erro ClassNotFound .Though I added the
Bean(that is Java Class having getXXX() & setXXX() methods) in WEB-INF/
Classes/packagename/BeanClassName.java.

is there need to add entry in web.xml file & How?
or
How can I seperate web GUI & Business Logic?

onkar.yeolekar

WEB-INF/classes/packagename/BeanClassName.java

Andrew T.

Thanx .
But I already done this thing & It is not working.
I am using ApacheTomcat 5.0 & Jdk1.5,
I am storing testApp dir of my application in ..webapps dir.
webapps/testApp/web-inf/... & storing .jsp pages in testApp dir.
shall I edit web.xml?

Also will Tomcat server create .class file for BeanClassName.java
file?

Lew

WEB-INF/classes/packagename/BeanClassName.class

bytecode, not source

webapps/testApp/web-inf/
webapps/testApp/WEB-INF/
shall I edit web.xml?
No.

Also will Tomcat server create .class file for BeanClassName.java file?

No.

Make sure you spell your directory names correctly. Andrew and I have pointed
out a couple of mistakes in your posts.

-- Lew