Problem in Web Service Authorization Mode

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Shalini, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Shalini

    Shalini Guest

    Hi
    I just have a third party dll which does some custom functionality.
    The Dll have some apis which run only when the user is an administrator.
    I made a simple windows GUI application which makes use of the dll. Good it
    works fine when i am logged in as the Administrator.

    I made a Webservice which uses PInvoke thereby making use of the DLL.
    The DLL reported Error as the WebService is not running in the Administrator
    Authorization mode.
    SOo i went into Machine.config and changed the process model attributes to
    username :administrator password:MyPassword
    and it works VERY FINE.. No problems at all.

    But i dont want to have the machine.config approach as it makes each and
    every webservice running on the system as an administrator mode.
    How can i have customized thing which works as an administrator mode only
    for that webservice and not for others.

    Is there any way????
    Expecting ur replies.
    Regards
    Shal
    Shalini, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Shalini

    Shalini Guest

    I also tried
    doing in web.config to make it personalised only for one webservice but it
    did not work. I get an access denied message in the custom dll which says
    admin did not login. It only works if i modify the machine.config. Can this
    be done in some way?

    I modified web.config as follows by adding one line
    <identity impersonate="true" userName="Administrator" password="mypassword"
    />

    Shalini, Mar 4, 2004