Problem in writing hashtable to file system.

Discussion in 'Java' started by M, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. M

    M Guest

    Hi All,

    I have problem in writing a hashtable to the file system
    and hope you can give me some hints. The problem is like
    this:

    My hashtable consists of a key of type "String" and the
    value is a object of a class WorkNature:
    class WorkNature {
    String responsible;
    Vector duties;
    }

    It seems that I can write data to the hashtable (myHashTable)
    but when I try to put it to the file system, there's some
    problem. The code I used was:

    void writeSysFile() {
    final String PHY_FILE = "d:/Work_Nature";
    try {
    ObjectOutputStream os =
    new ObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PHY_FILE));
    os.writeObject(myHashTable);
    os.close();
    } catch (Exception e) {
    System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    }
    }

    Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !

    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
     
    M, Jul 13, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:01:41 +0800, M wrote:

    > } catch (Exception e) {
    > System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    > }
    > }
    >
    > Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !


    ....
    } catch (Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    .....

    produces the kind of much more detailed output
    that you can see an example of, here..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
    http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
    http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
     
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 13, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. M

    M Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    news:q9itbtc0ld02$...
    > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:01:41 +0800, M wrote:
    >
    > > } catch (Exception e) {
    > > System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    > > }
    > > }
    > >
    > > Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !

    >
    > ...
    > } catch (Exception e) {
    > e.printStackTrace();
    > }
    > ....
    >
    > produces the kind of much more detailed output
    > that you can see an example of, here..
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Thompson
    > http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
    > http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
    > http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology


    Well, after changing the catch to e.printStackTrace(),
    my program displayed something like:

    java.io.NotSerializableException: myJavaProgram$WorkNature
    at
    java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
    at
    java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
    at java.util.Hashtable.writeObject(Hashtable.java:806)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
    )
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
    ..java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at
    java.io_ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:809)
    at
    java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1296)
    at
    java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1247)
    at
    java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
    at
    java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
    at myJavaProgram.writeSysFile(myJavaProgram.java:61)

    Woo, that's totally too technically for me!
    Any clue? Thanks.
     
    M, Jul 13, 2004
    #3
  4. M

    Lukas Weibel Guest

    Of course the whole content of a hashtable needs to be serializable.
    Therefore your WorkNature implementing Serializable:

    class WorkNature implements Serializable {
    String responsible;
    Vector duties;
    }

    M wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have problem in writing a hashtable to the file system
    > and hope you can give me some hints. The problem is like
    > this:
    >
    > My hashtable consists of a key of type "String" and the
    > value is a object of a class WorkNature:
    > class WorkNature {
    > String responsible;
    > Vector duties;
    > }
    >
    > It seems that I can write data to the hashtable (myHashTable)
    > but when I try to put it to the file system, there's some
    > problem. The code I used was:
    >
    > void writeSysFile() {
    > final String PHY_FILE = "d:/Work_Nature";
    > try {
    > ObjectOutputStream os =
    > new ObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PHY_FILE));
    > os.writeObject(myHashTable);
    > os.close();
    > } catch (Exception e) {
    > System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    > }
    > }
    >
    > Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    Lukas Weibel, Jul 13, 2004
    #4
  5. M

    M Guest

    "Lukas Weibel" <> wrote in message
    news:40f42b56$...
    > Of course the whole content of a hashtable needs to be serializable.
    > Therefore your WorkNature implementing Serializable:
    >
    > class WorkNature implements Serializable {
    > String responsible;
    > Vector duties;
    > }
    >
    > M wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I have problem in writing a hashtable to the file system
    > > and hope you can give me some hints. The problem is like
    > > this:
    > >
    > > My hashtable consists of a key of type "String" and the
    > > value is a object of a class WorkNature:
    > > class WorkNature {
    > > String responsible;
    > > Vector duties;
    > > }
    > >
    > > It seems that I can write data to the hashtable (myHashTable)
    > > but when I try to put it to the file system, there's some
    > > problem. The code I used was:
    > >
    > > void writeSysFile() {
    > > final String PHY_FILE = "d:/Work_Nature";
    > > try {
    > > ObjectOutputStream os =
    > > new ObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PHY_FILE));
    > > os.writeObject(myHashTable);
    > > os.close();
    > > } catch (Exception e) {
    > > System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    > > }
    > > }
    > >
    > > Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >


    Thanks. But I'm new to Java and never heard about Serializable...
    The Java API doc is too complicated to me.. Do you mind
    give me some brief explanation?
     
    M, Jul 13, 2004
    #5
  6. M

    Chris Smith Guest

    M wrote:
    > Thanks. But I'm new to Java and never heard about Serializable...
    > The Java API doc is too complicated to me.. Do you mind
    > give me some brief explanation?


    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/serialization.html

    I'm trying to understand how you managed to write code specifically for
    the purpose of doing serialization, and yet never managed to hear about
    Serializable. Nevertheless, that URL should help fill in the blanks.

    --
    www.designacourse.com
    The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

    Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer
    MindIQ Corporation
     
    Chris Smith, Jul 13, 2004
    #6
  7. M wrote:

    > Well, after changing the catch to e.printStackTrace(),
    > my program displayed something like:
    >
    > java.io.NotSerializableException: myJavaProgram$WorkNature
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
    > at java.util.Hashtable.writeObject(Hashtable.java:806)
    > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    > at
    > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
    > )
    > at
    > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
    > .java:25)
    > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:809)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1296)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1247)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
    > at myJavaProgram.writeSysFile(myJavaProgram.java:61)
    >
    > Woo, that's totally too technically for me!


    Then you'd best give up programming. It's one thing to not understand
    what you see there, and indeed I wouldn't necessarily expect a novice to
    understand it immediately, but if it's really "too technical" then you
    are studying the wrong subject. In case it might not really be over
    your head, here's how to read that:

    An exception of type java.io.NotSerializableException and specifying a
    detail message of "myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was thrown by the method
    writeObject0 of class java.io_ObjectOutputStream, specifically from the
    code at line 1054 in the class' source. That method was invoked by the
    writeObject method of java.io_ObjectOutputStream, at line 278 in the
    class' source. THAT method was invoked [...]. Ultimately you get down
    to the place in your own code that was involved: the writeSysFile method
    of class myJavaProgram, at line 61 in your source.

    > Any clue? Thanks.


    This exception is thrown when an object is required to be Serializable,
    but isn't. The detail message specifies the name of the class of the
    not Serializable object: myJavaProgram$WorkNature, an inner class of
    myJavaProgram with unqualified name "WorkNature". That class can be
    made Serializable simply by declaring that it implements the
    java.io.Serializable interface.

    Go ahead and try that to see what happens. My guess is that the file
    you write will not be what you want, in that it will not be
    human-readable. If you want to produce a human-readable listing of the
    contents of your Hashtable then you will need to control the formatting
    yourself in one way or another. For you, that probably means extracting
    the Hashtable entries one by one, and writing an appropriate string to
    the output file for each.


    John Bollinger
     
    John C. Bollinger, Jul 13, 2004
    #7
  8. M

    Lukas Weibel Guest

    Not at all. We all started small once.

    With Serializable you mark (Seriablizable is a so call marker interface,
    it does not expose any methods) a class as serializable. This has
    something to do with security. Consider a bad person can serialize your
    objects and read their content in the file system.

    You can find further information at
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/serialization/index.html.

    Regards
    Lukas


    M wrote:

    > "Lukas Weibel" <> wrote in message
    > news:40f42b56$...
    >
    >>Of course the whole content of a hashtable needs to be serializable.
    >>Therefore your WorkNature implementing Serializable:
    >>
    >>class WorkNature implements Serializable {
    >>String responsible;
    >>Vector duties;
    >>}
    >>
    >>M wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>>I have problem in writing a hashtable to the file system
    >>>and hope you can give me some hints. The problem is like
    >>>this:
    >>>
    >>>My hashtable consists of a key of type "String" and the
    >>>value is a object of a class WorkNature:
    >>> class WorkNature {
    >>> String responsible;
    >>> Vector duties;
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>>It seems that I can write data to the hashtable (myHashTable)
    >>>but when I try to put it to the file system, there's some
    >>>problem. The code I used was:
    >>>
    >>> void writeSysFile() {
    >>> final String PHY_FILE = "d:/Work_Nature";
    >>> try {
    >>> ObjectOutputStream os =
    >>> new ObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PHY_FILE));
    >>> os.writeObject(myHashTable);
    >>> os.close();
    >>> } catch (Exception e) {
    >>> System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    >>> }
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>>Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >
    >
    > Thanks. But I'm new to Java and never heard about Serializable...
    > The Java API doc is too complicated to me.. Do you mind
    > give me some brief explanation?
    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    Lukas Weibel, Jul 13, 2004
    #8
  9. M

    Chris Smith Guest

    M wrote:
    > Woo, that's totally too technically for me!
    > Any clue? Thanks.


    Interpreting exception stack trace output is a fundamental skill that
    will be important to you in doing any software development in Java.
    There are three parts you care about:

    1. The exception class
    2. The detail message
    3. The stack itself

    In your case:

    > java.io.NotSerializableException: myJavaProgram$WorkNature


    The exception is java.io.NotSerializableException. You can look that up
    in the API documentation, and read all about this exception.

    The detail message is "myJavaProgram$WorkNature". The exact meaning of
    the detail message depends on which exception class you're dealing with.
    In the case of NotSerializableException, the detail message tells you
    the class name of the object that isn't serializable. It's your
    WorkNature class (which is apparently a nested class inside of a class
    called myJavaProgram; as an aside, myJavaProgram should really have been
    called MyJavaProgram to avoid confusion).

    The rest is the stack trace, which tells you where the exception
    occurred. You can generally skip lines until you see something that's
    your own code. So here we go:

    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
    > at java.util.Hashtable.writeObject(Hashtable.java:806)
    > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    > at
    > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
    > )
    > at
    > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
    > .java:25)
    > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:809)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1296)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1247)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
    > at
    > java.io_ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
    > at myJavaProgram.writeSysFile(myJavaProgram.java:61)


    And there you go. So to find the code that caused this exception, look
    at line number 61 of myJavaProgram.java.

    --
    www.designacourse.com
    The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

    Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer
    MindIQ Corporation
     
    Chris Smith, Jul 13, 2004
    #9
  10. M

    M Guest

    "Lukas Weibel" <> wrote in message
    news:40f43277$...
    > Not at all. We all started small once.
    >
    > With Serializable you mark (Seriablizable is a so call marker interface,
    > it does not expose any methods) a class as serializable. This has
    > something to do with security. Consider a bad person can serialize your
    > objects and read their content in the file system.
    >
    > You can find further information at
    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/serialization/index.html.
    >
    > Regards
    > Lukas
    >
    >
    > M wrote:
    >
    > > "Lukas Weibel" <> wrote in message
    > > news:40f42b56$...
    > >
    > >>Of course the whole content of a hashtable needs to be serializable.
    > >>Therefore your WorkNature implementing Serializable:
    > >>
    > >>class WorkNature implements Serializable {
    > >>String responsible;
    > >>Vector duties;
    > >>}
    > >>
    > >>M wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>>Hi All,
    > >>>
    > >>>I have problem in writing a hashtable to the file system
    > >>>and hope you can give me some hints. The problem is like
    > >>>this:
    > >>>
    > >>>My hashtable consists of a key of type "String" and the
    > >>>value is a object of a class WorkNature:
    > >>> class WorkNature {
    > >>> String responsible;
    > >>> Vector duties;
    > >>> }
    > >>>
    > >>>It seems that I can write data to the hashtable (myHashTable)
    > >>>but when I try to put it to the file system, there's some
    > >>>problem. The code I used was:
    > >>>
    > >>> void writeSysFile() {
    > >>> final String PHY_FILE = "d:/Work_Nature";
    > >>> try {
    > >>> ObjectOutputStream os =
    > >>> new ObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PHY_FILE));
    > >>> os.writeObject(myHashTable);
    > >>> os.close();
    > >>> } catch (Exception e) {
    > >>> System.out.println("writeSysFile: " +

    e.getLocalizedMessage());
    > >>> }
    > >>> }
    > >>>
    > >>>Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !
    > >>>
    > >>>Any ideas?
    > >>>Thanks.
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>>

    > >
    > >
    > > Thanks. But I'm new to Java and never heard about Serializable...
    > > The Java API doc is too complicated to me.. Do you mind
    > > give me some brief explanation?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >


    Thanks.
    After I put the "... implements Serializable" stuff in my class,
    it still give me the same error...

    Anything I might done wrong?
    Thx.
     
    M, Jul 13, 2004
    #10
  11. M

    Chris Smith Guest

    M wrote:
    > After I put the "... implements Serializable" stuff in my class,
    > it still give me the same error...
    >
    > Anything I might done wrong?


    Are you sure it's the same error? If so, then you probably still have
    an old copy of the class file for WorkNature sitting around somewhere.

    If the error is a little different, then it might be something else.
    Specifically, I suspect you might be misunderstanding the relationship
    between WorkNature and myJavaProgram; if WorkNature is an inner class,
    you need to ask yourself if that's really necessary, and if so how to
    handle that in serialization (do you make myJavaProgram serializable,
    for example, or something else).

    --
    www.designacourse.com
    The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

    Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer
    MindIQ Corporation
     
    Chris Smith, Jul 13, 2004
    #11
  12. M

    VisionSet Guest

    "M" <> wrote in message
    news:cd19da$119r$...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have problem in writing a hashtable to the file system
    > and hope you can give me some hints. The problem is like
    > this:
    >
    > My hashtable consists of a key of type "String" and the
    > value is a object of a class WorkNature:
    > class WorkNature {
    > String responsible;
    > Vector duties;
    > }
    >
    > It seems that I can write data to the hashtable (myHashTable)
    > but when I try to put it to the file system, there's some
    > problem. The code I used was:
    >
    > void writeSysFile() {
    > final String PHY_FILE = "d:/Work_Nature";
    > try {
    > ObjectOutputStream os =
    > new ObjectOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PHY_FILE));
    > os.writeObject(myHashTable);
    > os.close();
    > } catch (Exception e) {
    > System.out.println("writeSysFile: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());
    > }
    > }
    >
    > Error "writeFile: myJavaProgram$WorkNature" was displayed !
    >


    Change your code.
    Do not catch Exception, catch only the subclasses that are thrown.
    ie IOException etc. That's just good practise.
    In your catch block, put:
    e.printStackTrace() for more meaningful debugging info.

    --
    Mike W
     
    VisionSet, Jul 13, 2004
    #12
  13. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:29:06 +0800, M wrote:

    > Woo, that's totally too technically for me!


    ...hhhmmmm.. What John and Chris said in relation
    to that comment was alot more useful, but less funny,
    than what I would have responded.

    Maybe it is best they got to it first.

    > Any clue? Thanks.


    I take you back to..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    Which, given it was written by me, pretty
    much sums up the best advice I can muster
    on general tips for solving exceptions.

    There is a group that might be better for you
    at this stage. A group where folks are a great
    deal more patient and helpful..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljh>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
    http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
    http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
     
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 13, 2004
    #13
  14. M

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:44:39 +0800, "M" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Thanks. But I'm new to Java and never heard about Serializable...
    >The Java API doc is too complicated to me.. Do you mind
    >give me some brief explanation?


    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serialization.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming.
    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary.
     
    Roedy Green, Jul 13, 2004
    #14
  15. M

    M Guest

    Thanks for the info. Especially the tips/solves...
    I might jump into it often.

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    news:811t769vcs14$...
    > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:29:06 +0800, M wrote:
    >
    > > Woo, that's totally too technically for me!

    >
    > ..hhhmmmm.. What John and Chris said in relation
    > to that comment was alot more useful, but less funny,
    > than what I would have responded.
    >
    > Maybe it is best they got to it first.
    >
    > > Any clue? Thanks.

    >
    > I take you back to..
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>
    >
    > Which, given it was written by me, pretty
    > much sums up the best advice I can muster
    > on general tips for solving exceptions.
    >
    > There is a group that might be better for you
    > at this stage. A group where folks are a great
    > deal more patient and helpful..
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljh>
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Thompson
    > http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
    > http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
    > http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
     
    M, Jul 14, 2004
    #15
  16. M

    M Guest

    Well, I have added "implements Serializable" to the class WorkAround.
    But I haven't put "implements Serializable" to the calling class.

    Is it necessary?

    "Chris Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > M wrote:
    > > After I put the "... implements Serializable" stuff in my class,
    > > it still give me the same error...
    > >
    > > Anything I might done wrong?

    >
    > Are you sure it's the same error? If so, then you probably still have
    > an old copy of the class file for WorkNature sitting around somewhere.
    >
    > If the error is a little different, then it might be something else.
    > Specifically, I suspect you might be misunderstanding the relationship
    > between WorkNature and myJavaProgram; if WorkNature is an inner class,
    > you need to ask yourself if that's really necessary, and if so how to
    > handle that in serialization (do you make myJavaProgram serializable,
    > for example, or something else).
    >
    > --
    > www.designacourse.com
    > The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.
    >
    > Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer
    > MindIQ Corporation
     
    M, Jul 14, 2004
    #16
  17. M

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:48:37 +0800, "M" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Well, I have added "implements Serializable" to the class WorkAround.
    >But I haven't put "implements Serializable" to the calling class.


    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serializable.

    You only need it on the objects you want to output, or the objects
    they point to.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming.
    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary.
     
    Roedy Green, Jul 14, 2004
    #17
  18. M

    Chris Smith Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > There is a group that might be better for you
    > at this stage. A group where folks are a great
    > deal more patient and helpful..
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljh>


    For the most part, pretty much the same people follow both groups, in my
    experience.

    --
    www.designacourse.com
    The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

    Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer
    MindIQ Corporation
     
    Chris Smith, Jul 14, 2004
    #18
  19. M

    Chris Smith Guest

    M wrote:
    > Well, I have added "implements Serializable" to the class WorkAround.
    > But I haven't put "implements Serializable" to the calling class.


    I don't know, mainly because I don't know what class WorkAround is. It
    doesn't seem to have any relation to any of the relevant classes at all,
    so chances are it doesn't need to be serializable.

    --
    www.designacourse.com
    The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere.

    Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer
    MindIQ Corporation
     
    Chris Smith, Jul 14, 2004
    #19
  20. On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:51:33 -0600, Chris Smith wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> There is a group that might be better for you
    >> at this stage. A group where folks are a great
    >> deal more patient and helpful..
    >> <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljh>

    >
    > For the most part, pretty much the same people follow both groups, in my
    > experience.


    Yes, but AFAIAC, it's smart questions or
    merciless ridicule on c.l.j.programmer.
    OTOH, When I post to c.l.j.h., I take
    more care to be 'patient and helpful'.
    Some others do as well.

    The difference is not the *names* of the
    people, but the 'way they hold their faces'
    when answering questions. ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
    http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
    http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
     
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 14, 2004
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guillermo

    Problem with hashTable

    Guillermo, Mar 4, 2004, in forum: Perl
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    609
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Mar 4, 2004
  2. HNguyen
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,405
    HNguyen
    Dec 21, 2004
  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y3dicDE1?=

    Writing a text file to the file system

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3dicDE1?=, Mar 21, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    523
    shiva_ananthoju
    Oct 29, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y3dicA==?=

    Writing a text file to the file system

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3dicA==?=, Mar 21, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    322
    =?Utf-8?B?Y3dicA==?=
    Mar 21, 2005
  5. cwbp

    Writing a text file to the file system

    cwbp, Mar 21, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net Security
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    192
Loading...

Share This Page