Problem in writing hashtable to file system.

Chris Uppal

Andrew said:
Yes, but AFAIAC, it's smart questions or
merciless ridicule on c.l.j.programmer.
OTOH, When I post to c.l.j.h., I take
more care to be 'patient and helpful'.
Some others do as well.

Also, in this group a questioner cannot expect to be given a cut-down,
easy-to-digest, or partial answer if that's all they need at that time. Here,
I feel, it's appropriate to discuss any and all subltleties associated with the
question (even if they are not /directly/ relevant) with no more than a token
"this may confuse you" warning.

Come to that, /I/ don't normally read c.l.j.help; it'd be interesting to know
how many other folk there are with a positive "nett ouput" who do the same.
Maybe I'm the only one.

-- chris

Andrew Thompson

Come to that, /I/ don't normally read c.l.j.help; it'd be interesting to know
how many other folk there are with a positive "nett ouput" who do the same.

There are times I need to drop it as well.

When I am especially busy I just do not have
the time to give the noobs the level and
detail of answer that they need.
Maybe I'm the only one.

I do not think so, but I chose to ignore
that possibility to make a wider point.

I have no intention of holding back on c.l.j.p.,
either encouraging a person to ask a well-worded,
well researched question, or get themselves the heck
over to a group where people are more tolerant
of questions of the more vague and 'I have forgotten
to check the docs.' nature..

That strategy serves the majority of current
(and potential new) posters the best.

Michael Borgwardt

M said:
Well, I have added "implements Serializable" to the class WorkAround.
But I haven't put "implements Serializable" to the calling class.

Is it necessary?

Yes, because your class WorkAround is an inner class of the "calling class",
which means that it holds a hidden reference to the instance of the
outer class it's called from. Thus, when serializing the inner class
instance, the associated outer class instance also has to be serialized.

Make it a top-level class or a static inner class and it should work.