problem including header files in TC

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by shruti, May 15, 2006.

  1. shruti

    shruti Guest

    hiii all

    I'm tryin to call a perl script from a C program in following 2 ways-

    1.By callin system function.
    But there's some problem because the system function is not able to
    executeany command...it just returns -1.

    2.By using the code given in perldoc perlembed(perl documentation for
    embedding perl in C)
    the code looks like this-

    #include <EXTERN.h> /* from the Perl distribution
    */
    #include <perl.h> /* from the Perl distribution
    */

    static PerlInterpreter *my_perl; /*** The Perl interpreter
    ***/

    int main(int argc, char **argv, char **env)
    {
    my_perl = perl_alloc();
    perl_construct(my_perl);
    perl_parse(my_perl, NULL, argc, argv, (char **)NULL);
    perl_run(my_perl);
    perl_destruct(my_perl);
    perl_free(my_perl);
    }

    now wat happens is that it gives error tht it does not recognise perl.h
    and extern.h
    copying them to Turbo C's include folder doesn help cos then it
    compiles these files also n gives 26 errors!!it is also unable to
    locate the header files tht these files use.
    Is there any way for me to specify in Turbo C,two paths to look for wen
    searching for header files.
    in options>directories>include directories i gave a comma n gave path
    for perl header files..but it doesn work!!!

    Pleeeease help...m at the end of my ideas now!
    Thanx in advance.
    shruti

    shruti, May 15, 2006

  2. shruti

    Flash Gordon Guest

    shruti wrote:
    > hiii all
    >
    > I'm tryin to call a perl script from a C program in following 2 ways-

    <snip>

    Don't repeat posts in under half an hour. This is a news group not a
    chat room and it can take a couple of days before your post has reached
    everyone. By posting repeatedly you *reduce* the chance that people will
    give you helpful answers because you annoy people.

    Flash Gordon, May 15, 2006