Problem installing BerkeleyDB Module

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Gerard, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Gerard

    Gerard Guest

    I have the Berkeley DB installed on my site. Using CPAN, I have
    attempted to install the BerkeleyDB module. For whatever reason, I
    cannot install it. This is a snippet of the installation dialog.

    Parsing config.in...
    Looks Good.
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for BerkeleyDB
    cp BerkeleyDB.pm blib/lib/BerkeleyDB.pm
    AutoSplitting blib/lib/BerkeleyDB.pm (blib/lib/auto/BerkeleyDB)
    cp BerkeleyDB/Hash.pm blib/lib/BerkeleyDB/Hash.pm
    cp BerkeleyDB.pod blib/lib/BerkeleyDB.pod
    cp BerkeleyDB/Btree.pm blib/lib/BerkeleyDB/Btree.pm
    /usr/home/seibercom/perl/bin/perl
    /usr/home/seibercom/perl/lib/5.8.4/ExtUtils/xsubpp -noprototypes
    -typemap /usr/home/seibercom/perl/lib/5.8.4/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap
    typemap BerkeleyDB.xs > BerkeleyDB.xsc && mv BerkeleyDB.xsc
    BerkeleyDB.c
    gcc -c -I./libraries/4.2.41/include -fno-strict-aliasing
    -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -DVERSION=\"0.25\"
    -DXS_VERSION=\"0.25\" -fpic
    "-I/usr/home/seibercom/perl/lib/5.8.4/i686-linux/CORE" BerkeleyDB.c
    BerkeleyDB.xs:68:16: db.h: No such file or directory
    BerkeleyDB.xs:76:2: #error db.h is not for Berkeley DB at all.
    make: *** [BerkeleyDB.o] Error 1
    /bin/make -- NOT OK
    Running make test
    Can't test without successful make
    Running make install
    make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

    I would appreciate any assistance available,

    Thanks!
    Gerard, Jul 5, 2004