Problem installing gadfly on Mandrake 9.2

R.Marquez

I tried installing gadfly 1.0 on Mandrake 9.2 and got the following:

[root@localhost gadfly-1.0.0]# python setup.py install
running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
[root@localhost gadfly-1.0.0]#

Of course, the error is correct in that there is no such file. There
is not even a python2.3/ config directory. Is the Mandrake
installation of 2.3 cripled? I have gadfly working fine with Python
2.3 on Windows.

If someone has any pointers or tips they will be much appreciated.

-Ruben

Fredrik Lundh

R.Marquez said:
I tried installing gadfly 1.0 on Mandrake 9.2 and got the following:

[root@localhost gadfly-1.0.0]# python setup.py install
running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
[root@localhost gadfly-1.0.0]#

Of course, the error is correct in that there is no such file. There
is not even a python2.3/ config directory. Is the Mandrake
installation of 2.3 cripled? I have gadfly working fine with Python
2.3 on Windows.

If someone has any pointers or tips they will be much appreciated.

make sure you've installed the python-devel package.

</F>

Fredrik Lundh

make sure you've installed the python-devel package.

which might be named "libpython2.3-devel" under mandrake, if
I interpret my sources correctly...

</F>

R.Marquez

Fredrik Lundh said:
make sure you've installed the python-devel package.

Thank you very much. I'll try that. Also, while we are at it, does
any one know if a version of kjbuckets.pyd for Python 2.3 is going to
be available soon? Or, is the one for 2.2 Ok to use with 2.3?