    2.3 on Windows.

    If someone has any pointers or tips they will be much appreciated.

    -Ruben

    R.Marquez, Dec 8, 2003

  2. "R.Marquez" wrote:

    > I tried installing gadfly 1.0 on Mandrake 9.2 and got the following:
    >
    > [root@localhost gadfly-1.0.0]# python setup.py install
    > running install
    > error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
    > /usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
    > [root@localhost gadfly-1.0.0]#
    >
    > Of course, the error is correct in that there is no such file. There
    > is not even a python2.3/ config directory. Is the Mandrake
    > installation of 2.3 cripled? I have gadfly working fine with Python
    > 2.3 on Windows.
    >
    > If someone has any pointers or tips they will be much appreciated.

    make sure you've installed the python-devel package.

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 8, 2003

  3. > make sure you've installed the python-devel package.

    which might be named "libpython2.3-devel" under mandrake, if
    I interpret my sources correctly...

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 8, 2003
  4. R.Marquez

    R.Marquez Guest

    "Fredrik Lundh" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > make sure you've installed the python-devel package.

    Thank you very much. I'll try that. Also, while we are at it, does
    any one know if a version of kjbuckets.pyd for Python 2.3 is going to
    be available soon? Or, is the one for 2.2 Ok to use with 2.3?

    R.Marquez, Dec 8, 2003