problem installing PyQt for eric3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Lupe, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Lupe

    Lupe Guest

    I'm trying to install eric3 and PyQt is an intermediate step.

    I got the following output:

    rm -f qttest.o
    rm -f *~ core *.core
    g++ -c -pipe -w -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586 -mcpu=pentiumpro
    -D_REENTRANT -DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
    -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I. -I/usr/local/include/python2.3
    -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
    qttest.o qttest.cpp
    In file included from qttest.cpp:1:
    /usr/lib/qt3/include/qgl.h:78:21: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
    make: ** [qttest.o] Erro 1
    The qtgl module will not be built.

    can anyone translate this to english. Is qtgl important?
    I have a file named qgl.h in the /include directory, so what was wrong?

    thanx in advance

    Lupe, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Lupe <> writes:

    > In file included from qttest.cpp:1: /usr/lib/qt3/include/qgl.h:78:21:
    > GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

    It doesn't find GL utility library's header file.

    > make: ** [qttest.o] Erro 1
    > The qtgl
    > module will not be built.

    It means that you won't have support for OpenGL in QT

    > can anyone translate this to english. Is qtgl important?

    No, if you don't need OpenGL in PyQT. Eric3 doesn't use that modules

    > I have a file named qgl.h in the /include directory, so what was wrong?

    qgl.h is there. the compiler doesn't find the glu.h header.

    --
    Lawrence "Rhymes" Oluyede
    http://loluyede.blogspot.com

    Lawrence Oluyede, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Lupe

    Lupe Guest

    thanks a lot.

    how could I install support for OpenGL in QT?

    Is it an add-in for QT?

    Lupe, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Lupe <> writes:

    > how could I install support for OpenGL in QT?

    You need xlibmesa glu package i think

    --
    Lawrence "Rhymes" Oluyede
    http://loluyede.blogspot.com