problem installing vacpp.cmp.lib

Discussion in 'C++' started by iqbal, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. iqbal

    iqbal Guest

    Hi Folks,

    If someone could please help me out with my frustration trying to
    install the Visual Age C++ libraries (vacpp.cmp.lib) V5.0.2 on AIX 5.1,
    ML1. I keep getting the following message from installp (using smitty):

    /vacpp.cmp.lib.post_i[14]: TYPERML: 0403-009 The specified number is
    not valid for this command.
    instal: Failed while executing the ./vacpp.cmp.lib.post_i script.

    All the other vacpp.cmp file sets have installed ok. It seems the post_i
    script is embedded in some binary code in the vacpp.cmp.lib - so I
    cannot check what the error is all about.

    Any ideas?

    Iqbal

    iqbal, Jun 24, 2003

  2. "iqbal" <> wrote...
    > If someone could please help me out with my frustration trying to
    > install the Visual Age C++ libraries (vacpp.cmp.lib) V5.0.2 on AIX 5.1,
    > ML1. I keep getting the following message from installp (using smitty):
    > [...]
    > Any ideas?

    Call their tech support. This is a C++ language newsgroup, not
    products installation newsgroup.

    Victor
    Victor Bazarov, Jun 24, 2003