Problem loading driver with dbi, 1.8.x

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

ruby-dbi 0.21
Ruby 1.8.1
Solaris 9

Something about the DBI module doesn't like Ruby 1.8.x. Specifically,
when I try to load the oracle-0.2.11 driver or the Ruby9i driver, I
get this:
ruby dbitest.rb
/opt/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi/dbi.rb:490:in `load_driver': is not a
class/module (TypeError)
from /opt/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi/dbi.rb:392:in
`_get_full_driver'
from /opt/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi/dbi.rb:372:in `connect'

This does not happen with the OCI8 driver, nor does it happen with
1.6.8. I dug into the source some but didn't follow where exactly the
problem was. I also heard that this happens with the mysql driver.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dan