Problem loading word document from asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by agricfowl, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. agricfowl

    agricfowl Guest

    Hi Gurus,

    I have a web application from which l am trying to publish word
    documents (i.e. display the web page in word).

    First, l get the problem during load message box with missing files
    listed. These files are .css files that are not referenced anywhere
    on the web page.

    Second, the document is displayed with the design bar displayed on
    with 'top of form' showing at the top with a textbox showing the
    viewstate value below that. At the bottom there is a 'end of form'
    displayed. l believe this has to do with the <form runat=server/> tag
    every asp.net web page should have.

    How do l resolve the these issues? I have set pagestyletheme in
    web.config but in the web page that l am trying to export to word has
    enabletheme set to false. I am also using a master page although the
    printed web page does not use it.

    I have played around with the idea of using WordML and writing the
    template directly into the web page, but l donot know for sure how
    that will work out.

    Regards,
    Derrick

    agricfowl, Oct 15, 2008