Problem locating Sun ciphers (DESede)

mattpryor

Hello,

I have an application that uses DESede which I originally wrote in
2003. The code has worked fine for the last 3 years, up until about one
hour ago when I rebooted my development box. Now the following line of
code fails:

Cipher.getInstance("DESede");

I've verified that sunjce_provider.jar is in the lib\ext directory. The
java.security file contains the original entries, including the key
one:

security.provider.4=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

Here is the stacktrace that I'm getting:

java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider
supporting DESede
at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA12275)
at
com.internationalpresence.util.Encrypter.getCipher(Encrypter.java:38)

Interestingly I reinstalled Quicktime shortly before rebooting. I'm
wondering if this could be a clue. I'm using the Sun JDK (1.5.0_04),
Windows 2000, and Eclipse 3.1. I've tried reinstalling the JDK a couple
of times to no avail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Matt Pryor

GenesisGai