Problem locating Sun ciphers (DESede)

Discussion in 'Java' started by mattpryor, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. mattpryor

    mattpryor Guest

    Hello,

    I have an application that uses DESede which I originally wrote in
    2003. The code has worked fine for the last 3 years, up until about one
    hour ago when I rebooted my development box. Now the following line of
    code fails:

    Cipher.getInstance("DESede");

    I've verified that sunjce_provider.jar is in the lib\ext directory. The
    java.security file contains the original entries, including the key
    one:

    security.provider.4=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

    Here is the stacktrace that I'm getting:

    java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider
    supporting DESede
    at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA12275)
    at
    com.internationalpresence.util.Encrypter.getCipher(Encrypter.java:38)

    Interestingly I reinstalled Quicktime shortly before rebooting. I'm
    wondering if this could be a clue. I'm using the Sun JDK (1.5.0_04),
    Windows 2000, and Eclipse 3.1. I've tried reinstalling the JDK a couple
    of times to no avail.

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

    Thanks

    Matt Pryor
    mattpryor, Apr 28, 2006