Problem moving a precompiled web app to a new server

Discussion in '.NET' started by elfego, Mar 3, 2011.

  1. elfego

    elfego

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi. I'm new on IIS-ASP.Net, so please be patient.
    I have a WebSite running on Win2003. I'm not sure but I think this is a precompiled Webapp because in the root-app there are only marker aspx files, and in bin folder there are many same_name_file.cdcab7d2.compiled files and other .dll files. There is an App_global.asax.dll as well.

    The issue is: I need to move this webApp to another server on win2k8.
    So, I copied-paste the complete webApp's folder_structure from win2k3 to win2k8 server. I have done this before with 2 or 3 apps and never had any problem, but in this case it's not working.
    The error I get is:
    System.Web.HttpException: The file '/WebSetup_App/App_MasterPage.master' does not exist.

    The ASP.net version is the same. All of the files are the same.

    I read some web_pages about precompiled web_apps, and they talk about aspnet_compiler.exe and aspnet_merge.exe.
    I execute the aspnet_compiler against the webapp's folder and it returns this message:
    "error ASPRUNTIME: This application is already precompiled."

    And No, I don't have the source files. I only have the webApp on win2k3 running on production.

    I tried to do the same on another different server win2k3, but I got the same error when I request the webapp.

    Could someone please lead me on this process ?
    Thanks in advance for your time.
    Elfego
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    elfego, Mar 3, 2011