Problem of Compiling VTK5.0 with Qt Support in Win2000

fsmountain

Hi guys,

I am trying to compile VTK5.0 with Qt GUI Support in Windows 2000 that
has Qt Open-Sourced 4.1.2 and CMake 2.4.2 installed.

After QVTK is enabled in CMake, configuring it will prompt a message of
"QtCore/QtGUI library is not found". This was because CMake did not
find Qt libraries with prefix "lib" and suffix ".a". At the end, I
found a solution, that was to modify the
"CMake/Share/Modules/Windows.cmake" file and change the library prefix
and suffix value to the following,

SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_PREFIXES "lib")
SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ".a")

After that, CMake was able to find all the Qt libraries and a Makefile
was generated successfully. Then I used "nmake" to start compiling.
However, an error (" libQtCore4.a.lib" is not found) was displayed
during linking QVTK.dll with other Qt libraries.

I realised the problem was also from the "Windows.cmake" file. Since
SET(CMAKE_LINK_LIBRARY_SUFFIX ".lib"), all Qt libraries are added
extension of ".lib" during linking. Then I changed the setting to
SET(CMAKE_LINK_LIBRARY_SUFFIX ""). After that, linking Qt libraries
become possible, however, linking the other libraries are not possible.
Because there are libraries with extension ".lib".

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, i.e. to let CMake recognise
all libraries with either extension of ".a" or ".lib". I will greatly
appreciate your help.