Problem of displaying controls: Please help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ray Choi, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Ray Choi

    Ray Choi Guest

    Hi all,

    I faced problem on running the server controls. I did two controls: TextBox
    and Calendar in the page but nothing appears while I start this page on IE.
    There is no error message. Only text will be displayed on the IE.
    I presumed this problem is relative to the IIS or the framwork: so I did
    re-install the IIS and the framwork 1.1 but it still doesn't work.
    Anyone can please tell me anything I need to set or do to fix this problem.

    Thanks,
    Cray

    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="JitTest.WebForm1"%>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>WebForm1</title>
    </HEAD>
    Testing 1
    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 121px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 56px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:Calendar id="Calendar1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 116px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 99px" runat="server"></asp:Calendar>
    </form>
    </HTML>

    Ray Choi, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Hi Ray,

    The code is fine and works here. Did you try the procedure outlined here?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=306005&product=aspnet

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 23, 2004

  3. Ray Choi

    Ray Choi Guest

    Hi Ken,

    Thanks for your kindly help. I did follow your recommended procedure but
    same happening.
    Fortunately, I found Framework 2.0 on the web and I solved this problem with
    installing Framework 2.0.
    It works properly now. Does this problem happen because I miss some service
    packs?
    If you have any idea, please tell me as Framework 2.0 is a beta version.

    Thanks,
    Ray

    Ray Choi, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Hi Ray,

    Don't forget that 2.0 is not yet allowed for live sites.

    I suspect that your 1.x version of the framework was not properly
    configured. The link I gave earlier probably would have fixed the problem.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 24, 2004