Problem of transfer project to a new server

Guest

Hi, there,

I'm trying to open and edit a exsiting Web project on a new server using
Visual Studio. But I got problem opening it, the error message as following:

" The web server reported the following error when attempting to
create or open the web project located at the following
URL:'http://TIME/medical'. 'The server name or address could not be
resolved'. "

I'm aware that 'medical' is the project namespace, and 'TIME' is the old
server name-I suppose. So, how do I change the project so it can be opened in
a new server?

Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Open the project file and change the URL. Do the same for the solution file,
if you are using one. In ASP.NET 2.0, you will only have a solution file and
you can open otherwise.

If this is a production server, that is not the way to develop. You should
never have to open in Visual Studio on a production machine.

Guest

Hi Gregory,

Thanks. Problem solved.