Problem on Asp ODBC Connection to SQL Server

EDDIE

Dear All,

I have problem on data connection to a SQL Server by Asp Statement.
It's Very strange that my asp statement can connect to one remote SQL server
but can't connect to other remote SQL server.
The statement written like this :

Set DBLBX=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
DBLBX.Open "DSN=DBWEB;UID=opn;PWD=opn;"

It show the follows:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

Is that the problem of my Sql server ?

Thanks all.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

EDDIE said:
Dear All,

I have problem on data connection to a SQL Server by Asp Statement.
It's Very strange that my asp statement can connect to one remote SQL
server but can't connect to other remote SQL server.
The statement written like this :

Set DBLBX=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
DBLBX.Open "DSN=DBWEB;UID=opn;PWD=opn;"

It show the follows:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

Is that the problem of my Sql server ?

Thanks all.

Part of the problem is that you are using the obsolete ODBC provider when
there is a perfectly good native sql server provider available (SQLOLEDB).
See http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

Also relevant is this article, which is a compendium of all the causes of
database-related 80004005 errors:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Bob Barrows

EDDIE