    like the kind of oversight that never makes it into Debian packaging.

    Thanks for any help!

    Hal
    Hal Vaughan, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Hal Vaughan

    Guy Smiley Guest

    "Hal Vaughan" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm not using the MySQL server on this computer, but I am using the
    > client to connect to MySQL on another system.

    AFAIK, you definately need the server onboard in order to install the
    dbd-mysql. I run libranet also and use apt-get like I would if it was a
    regular Debian install

    apt-get mysql-server
    apt-get libdbd-mysql-perl

    For more information see:
    http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=mysql&searcho
    n=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
    Guy Smiley, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Hal Vaughan

    Hal Vaughan Guest

    Guy Smiley wrote:

    > "Hal Vaughan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I'm not using the MySQL server on this computer, but I am using the
    >> client to connect to MySQL on another system.

    > AFAIK, you definately need the server onboard in order to install the
    > dbd-mysql. I run libranet also and use apt-get like I would if it was a
    > regular Debian install
    >
    > apt-get mysql-server
    > apt-get libdbd-mysql-perl

    I checked to see if mysql-server was installed -- yep.  I had added
    libdbd-mysql-perl myself.  It's still not working.

    Was that all you needed to do and is it working for you?

    Hal

    Hal Vaughan, Aug 27, 2004