    opened by _popen?

    I appreciate your kind help!

    Shuisheng

    shuisheng, Nov 7, 2006

  2. shuisheng

    Phlip Guest

    shuisheng wrote:

    > Would you please give me a hint on how to hide the console window
    > opened by _popen?

    You must post to a newsgroup that supports your compiler. This newsgroup is
    only qualified to discuss the raw C++ language itself, not its interactions
    with all the various windowing systems out there.

    Under the wild guess you use Win32, try news:microsoft.public.vc.language .

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Nov 7, 2006

  3. shuisheng wrote:
    > Would you please give me a hint on how to hide the console window
    > opened by _popen?

    What's "the console window"? I can't find any definition of it in
    the C++ language standard. What's "_popen"? Not defined either.

    Are you sure you're in the right newsgroup?

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 7, 2006
  4. shuisheng

    red floyd Guest

    red floyd, Nov 7, 2006
  5. shuisheng

    Earl Purple Guest

    On Nov 7, 4:07 pm, "shuisheng" <> wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Would you please give me a hint on how to hide the console window
    > opened by _popen?
    >
    > I appreciate your kind help!
    >
    > Shuisheng

    This is not a standard language feature. _popen is not standard C++.

    On UNIX systems (which includes Linux) you can run a process in the
    background by putting a & character after the command name.

    I think on Windows there's a "ShellExecute" option which will cause no
    console window to appear.

    Clearly you'll need to redirect standard output (if any is produced) in
    either case.

    You should check the newsgroups relating to the appropriate operating
    systems.

    Earl Purple, Nov 7, 2006