problem on quartuss installation

Noah

hi, all,
an error occurs while installing quartusII 5.0 web edition.
the error message as follow:
"an error(-5003 0x8004ace4 has occured while running the setup.
please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other
applications. if the error still occurs, please contact your vendor:
Altera Corporation."

I loggin windows as administrator. and I've googled it, unfortunately,
I can't find any clue...
have any one encounter such error before? thank you .

Regards!
-- Noah

Noah

yeah, I download the new edition 5.1sp1
it's OK now...
but what's wrong with the old editon? the file corrupt? or anything
others?

Mike Treseler

Noah said:
yeah, I download the new edition 5.1sp1