Problem Oppening a web project with VS2003

Cecilio

Hello to everybody and sorry for my english.

I have VS2003 installed on a XP Prof with IIS 5.1 running, but when i try to
open an ASP.NET project VS shows this error message:

"VS .Net has detected that web server is not running ASP NET
version 1.1. You can´t run web application or ASP web services"

I have installed ASP webMatrix runnning without problems.

Thanks and Regards

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Cecilio,

When you open a Web project in VS.NET 2003, we make a GET request for a
file called get_aspx_ver.aspx. That file doesn't really exist, but the 404
that is returned will have the header in it that tells us what version of
the Framework is installed. If we get anything back other than 1.1.4322
(such as an error), we throw this error that you are seeing.

If you are positive that you have 1.1 installed (you can check this in the
IIS configuration), the issue is likely that something is either wrong with
ASP.NET or the Web server. What happens if you browse to
http://localhost/test.aspx?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support