Problem passing encrypted string in url

Julia

Hi

I have a javascript code which take string and encrypt it
since the encrypted string contains unsafe characters
I am calling URLEncode ,but than the result string is much to
long in order to pass in in the URL(i must use this method)

Thanks.

Patrice

You could perhaps convert yourself so that really problematic characters are
encoded. I know you must but IMO requiring passing such a long string on the
querystring is just bad.

Can't you really explain to the person that provides the processing page
that it causes a problem ? Or are you in a special case that causes you to
"GET" far more characters than usual ?

Patrice

Steven Burn

Can't you store it in a DB, and replace the encoded string, with something
short and meaningful.

E.g.

'// DB
Field_ID | String

1 | Encoded string

.... then instead of;

theurl.com/?something=encodedstring

you could use;

theurl.com/?something=1

... and then just pull it from the DB as needed.

This would allow you to keep things short :eek:)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group