problem Perl 5.8.2 and Archive::Zip ?

Geoff Cox

Hello

was having problem getting code below to work so upgraded to Perl
5.8.2 build 808 (using Windows 98(SE) and ActiveState version
Perl)...now get these error messages...any ideas please? The line 4
refers to the "use Archive::Zip etc ...

Cheers

Geoff

#!perl
use warnings;
use strict;
use Archive::Zip qw( :ERROR_CODES :CONSTANTS );

my $dir = 'C:/temp';
my $zipfile = 'test.zip';

my $zip = Archive::Zip->new();
chdir $dir or die "Cannot chdir $dir:$!\n";
die "Error reading $zipfile:$!" unless $zip->read( "$dir/$zipfile" )
== AZ_OK;
$zip->extractTree();

D:\a-keep8\perl\progs>perl5.8.2.exe unzip3.pl
Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains:
C:/Perl/lib
:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 260
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 260.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line
260.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line
101.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 117.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 117.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/Archive/Zip.pm line
22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Archive/Zip.pm
line 22.
Compilation failed in require at unzip3.pl line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at unzip3.pl line 4.

Helgi Briem

was having problem getting code below to work so upgraded to Perl
5.8.2 build 808 (using Windows 98(SE) and ActiveState version
Perl)...now get these error messages...any ideas please? The line 4
refers to the "use Archive::Zip etc ...

It looks as if Archive::Zip is improperly installed.

It has prerequisites. Did you install those?

Use PPM or CPAN to install modules. Don't do
it by hand unless you absolutely need to.

Geoff Cox

It looks as if Archive::Zip is improperly installed.

It has prerequisites. Did you install those?

Use PPM or CPAN to install modules. Don't do
it by hand unless you absolutely need to.

Helgi

My memory is that Archive::Zip came already installed with ActiveState
Perl 5.8.0...am I wrong on that?

Geoff

Geoff Cox

It looks as if Archive::Zip is improperly installed.

Helgi

looks as if it was my fault - I installed 5.8.2 before removing 5.8.0
- having started again - all is well...

Cheers

Geoff