Problem posting forms, but only in asp.net and not asp

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ollebollebagare@gmail.com, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    For the last few days some of my web site users have been having
    problems posting asp.net forms. This problem arises everytime they try
    to post a form in asp.net, but never when the page is plain old asp.
    The different forms are on the same web site. None of the asp.net
    forms work, but all the asp forms work. There is no problem just
    occurs.

    When the user tries to post the form the page starts loading and
    continues to do so for at least 20-30 seconds, then the normal Page
    could not be shown error shows up. The event log does not show any
    error.

    The users are on different networks, have both PCs and MACs and have
    at least Firefox and IE. Some have Norton and some haven't (probably
    at least, that's what they said, but they may be wrong)

    This problem is driving me nuts... Please help me!

    , Sep 14, 2007

  2. On Sep 14, 8:05 pm, wrote:
    > For the last few days some of my web site users have been having
    > problems posting asp.net forms. This problem arises everytime they try
    > to post a form in asp.net, but never when the page is plain old asp.
    > The different forms are on the same web site. None of the asp.net
    > forms work, but all the asp forms work. There is no problem just
    > occurs.
    >
    > When the user tries to post the form the page starts loading and
    > continues to do so for at least 20-30 seconds, then the normal Page
    > could not be shown error shows up. The event log does not show any
    > error.
    >
    > The users are on different networks, have both PCs and MACs and have
    > at least Firefox and IE. Some have Norton and some haven't (probably
    > at least, that's what they said, but they may be wrong)
    >
    > This problem is driving me nuts... Please help me!

    Did you try to restart the web server?

    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 14, 2007

    On Sep 14, 8:17 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 8:05 pm, wrote:
    >

    > > For the last few days some of my web site users have been having
    > > problems posting asp.net forms. This problem arises everytime they try
    > > to post a form in asp.net, but never when the page is plain old asp.
    > > The different forms are on the same web site. None of the asp.net
    > > forms work, but all the asp forms work. There is no problem just
    > > occurs.

    > > When the user tries to post the form the page starts loading and
    > > continues to do so for at least 20-30 seconds, then the normal Page
    > > could not be shown error shows up. The event log does not show any
    > > error.

    > > The users are on different networks, have both PCs and MACs and have
    > > at least Firefox and IE. Some have Norton and some haven't (probably
    > > at least, that's what they said, but they may be wrong)

    > > This problem is driving me nuts... Please help me!

    > Did you try to restart the web server?- Hide quoted text -

    I will try that this night when load is low.

    , Sep 15, 2007
  4. densial Guest

    On Sep 15, 8:54 pm, wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 8:17 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 14, 8:05 pm, wrote:

    > > > For the last few days some of my web site users have been having
    > > > problems posting asp.net forms. This problem arises everytime they try
    > > > to post a form in asp.net, but never when the page is plain old asp.
    > > > The different forms are on the same web site. None of the asp.net
    > > > forms work, but all the asp forms work. There is no problem just
    > > > occurs.

    > > > When the user tries to post the form the page starts loading and
    > > > continues to do so for at least 20-30 seconds, then the normal Page
    > > > could not be shown error shows up. The event log does not show any
    > > > error.

    > > > The users are on different networks, have both PCs and MACs and have
    > > > at least Firefox and IE. Some have Norton and some haven't (probably
    > > > at least, that's what they said, but they may be wrong)

    > > > This problem is driving me nuts... Please help me!

    > > Did you try to restart the web server?- Hide quoted text -

    > I will try that this night when load is low.

    also, try posting to the page yourself from rdp on the server, see if
    you can see the error that's being raised.

    densial, Sep 15, 2007

    On Sep 15, 11:01 pm, densial <> wrote:
    > On Sep 15, 8:54 pm, wrote:

    > > > Did you try to restart the web server?- Hide quoted text -

    > > I will try that this night when load is low.

    > also, try posting to the page yourself from rdp on the server, see if
    > you can see the error that's being raised.- Hide quoted text -

    I have now tried restarting the server, it didn't help. I have also
    installed the latest service pack (nr 2, for Windows Server 2003).
    Didn't work.

    However, I DID found some error messages at last. The w3d-weblog file
    gives me sc-status=400 and sc-win32-status=64
    and the httperr#.log shows the Timer_EntityBody error.

    I did some research on this and found this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919797/en-us
    which tells me to reduce the MinFileBytesPerSec parameter. Which I
    did. Didn't work. :-(

    Do any of you have any additional ideas?

    , Sep 16, 2007

    On Sep 16, 4:09 pm, wrote:
    > On Sep 15, 11:01 pm, densial <> wrote:

    > > > I will try that this night when load is low.

    > > also, try posting to the page yourself from rdp on the server, see if
    > > you can see the error that's being raised.- Hide quoted text -

    > I have now tried restarting the server, it didn't help. I have also
    > installed the latest service pack (nr 2, for Windows Server 2003).
    > Didn't work.
    >
    > However, I DID found some error messages at last. The w3d-weblog file
    > gives me sc-status=400 and sc-win32-status=64
    > and the httperr#.log shows the Timer_EntityBody error.
    >
    > I did some research on this and found this pagehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/919797/en-us
    > which tells me to reduce the MinFileBytesPerSec parameter. Which I
    > did. Didn't work. :-(
    >
    > Do any of you have any additional ideas?- Hide quoted text -

    Problem finally solved. I think the reduction of the
    MinFileBytesPerSec parameter did the trick after all, it just took a
    few hours to start working (for some unknown reason).

    , Sep 18, 2007