Problem printing large image in an HTML table

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by gnewsgroup, May 14, 2008.

  1. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    In my asp.net 2.0 web application. I create chart images on the fly by
    getting the data from the database.

    These chart images all have fixed width, but the height is dynamic
    depending on the number of rows in the table returned from the
    database.

    These chart images are put into an HTML table through code-behind.
    They display nicely in either IE or FireFox. But, there is a problem
    printing them when the chart image is too big to fit in one letter-
    sized page. When such big chart image happens, and when printing, it
    gives me a total blank page and *only on the second page* the big
    image starts to print and continues to the 3rd page.

    I've set vertical-align:top for the td which contains the chart image,
    but to no avail. I also set the td height to only 1, and still to no
    avail.

    Any idea why this happens with IE printing?

    With FireFox, the printing problem is a little different. It does not
    give me a total blank page, but it cuts off the big image at the end
    of the page and does not continue to print the same big chart image on
    the 2nd page.

    It looks like that I may have to programmatically split the image when
    it is larger than the print-area of a letter-size page, but don't know
    how to do it.
    gnewsgroup, May 14, 2008