Problem/Question Freeride

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by len, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. len

    len Guest

    Hi all

    I am running Ruby(Ver 1.8.4) on Windows XP version. I have installed
    Freeride(Ver 0.9.5). When I load a simple program (see below)

    puts 'Hello there, and what\'s your name?'
    name = gets.chomp
    puts 'Your name is ' + name + '? What a lovely name!'
    puts 'Pleased to meet you. ' + name + '. :)'

    and try to run it within Freeride, I get the following in the Output
    View

    >ruby C:\myRuby\Tutorial\test.rb

    Yet I really don't see my program running. I went into preferences and
    checked "Run process in terminal" and nothing.

    I don't understand what I'm missing. I am just learning to write Ruby
    code as you can see from the example and was under the empression I
    could run my programs from within Freeride.

    Any Help Appreciated
    Len
    len, Apr 23, 2006