problem: redirect to login page only remotely

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by esqueletoh@gmail.com, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi, i'm having a very weird problem.
    I have an application Asp .Net (Framework 1.1) that uses form
    authentication.
    To deny access to non-authenticated users i use
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    in the web.config file.

    It works ok when the app is deployed on any machine using IIS v5.1, but
    when using IIS 6.0 a really weird thing happens.
    If you access the application locally everything works fine (Example:
    http://localhost/login.aspx)
    but if you try to access remotely (http://NameOfServer/login.aspx) and
    i put valid login and password, it gets to the page it is supossed to
    but immediately returns to the Login screen.
    (http://NameOfServer/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Menu.aspx).

    That only happens with IIS 6.0, remotely, and using Microsoft Internet
    Explorer. With Mozilla Firefox it doesn't happens.

    Does somebody have any idea why?
    , Jul 7, 2006

  2. dkode Guest

    What is the your IIS app running as? windows integrated? basic auth?

    Do you have identity impersonate=true in your web.config?

    Make sure your local security IIS settings are the same as the remote
    IIS security settings for that web app. That sounds like the problem
    dkode, Jul 7, 2006

    I am getting exactly the same problem, does anybody have a solution or
    walk around?

    wrote:
    > Hi, i'm having a very weird problem.
    > I have an application Asp .Net (Framework 1.1) that uses form
    > authentication.
    > To deny access to non-authenticated users i use
    > <authorization>
    > <deny users="?" />
    > </authorization>
    > in the web.config file.
    >
    > It works ok when the app is deployed on any machine using IIS v5.1, but
    > when using IIS 6.0 a really weird thing happens.
    > If you access the application locally everything works fine (Example:
    > http://localhost/login.aspx)
    > but if you try to access remotely (http://NameOfServer/login.aspx) and
    > i put valid login and password, it gets to the page it is supossed to
    > but immediately returns to the Login screen.
    > (http://NameOfServer/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Menu.aspx).
    >
    > That only happens with IIS 6.0, remotely, and using Microsoft Internet
    > Explorer. With Mozilla Firefox it doesn't happens.
    >
    > Does somebody have any idea why?
    , Jul 30, 2006