Problem Redirecting Mobile ASP pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Martin, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    I currently have a mobile ASP page that uses and on load event to build part
    of the form and uses a custom control. I am after making my custom control
    such that when the user click on a button in it the browser is redirected to
    a differant page.

    normally I would do this using something like the following in C#:

    ((Form)
    (this.parent.page.FindControl("Form1"))).mobilepage.redirect("address", true);

    However I have tried this and everything I can think of and I just can't get
    the page to redirect. I have had pages redirectiing when there is no code in
    the on load event.

    I have also tried using Page.Responce(), Server.Transfer. I even at one
    point tried using the session variables and passing redirect values back to
    that get executed by the parent forms on load method, although this didn't
    seem to work either.

    If anyone has any ideas they would be much appericated!

    Thanks,

    Martin

    Martin, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Martin

    Nadav Guest

    Have you tried using
    mobilepage.RedirectToMobilePage("address",true)

    Nadav

    Nadav, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    mobilepage.RedirectToMobilePage("address",true) does not work as user defined
    control does not have a form as such. Instead the statement must be called on
    the controls parent form, however this does not seem to fire correctly and
    redirect the page as at the moment the page is not redirecting instead the on
    load procedure of the form is still running.

    Martin, Mar 28, 2005