Problem repopulating DropDown List control

Manish

Hi All,
I'm having this problem I hope someone can help provide a
solution for it :)

I've this dropdown list box in a usercontrol which I'm
populating from the database (it's viewstate property is
true).. when the user selects one of the items in the
dropdown called "New Label" a popup window comes up where
the user can add a new label once he adds a new label it
is saved to the table and an event is fired from the Popup
window which is caught by the control containing the
Dropdown. The basic functionality of the event function is
to go and look for the new value in the table and fill
that new value to the dropdown including all the previous
values.

When I debug this function I see the new value in the
table, but when the page finally comes up it just has all
the values that were there before the popup window came up
and it does not have the new added value. So the dropdown
is retaining the value form the viewstate.

I want to know if there is a way where I can create my own
viewstate for this dropdown and when a new value is added
I add the new value in the viewstate first and then
populate the dropdown?

Thanks in advance
Joshi