problem running a struts exercise

Discussion in 'Java' started by ros, Apr 28, 2007.

  1. ros

    ros Guest

    Hello,

    I am studying SAMS Teach Yourself JSP in 21 days and this book has a
    chapter on Struts. The book comes with sample code and I tried running
    the code on this chapter on Struts in Tomcat 5.5.16.

    The application is fairly simple but I get this error when I try to
    run it:

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
    TagExtraInfo class: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:
    510)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
    375)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:
    314)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

    Can anybody please explain what this error means and how to fix it?

    Thanks
    Ros

    ros, Apr 28, 2007

  2. ros wrote:

    > I am studying SAMS Teach Yourself JSP in 21 days and this book has a
    > chapter on Struts. The book comes with sample code and I tried running
    > the code on this chapter on Struts in Tomcat 5.5.16.
    >
    > The application is fairly simple but I get this error when I try to
    > run it:
    >
    > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
    > TagExtraInfo class: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei

    Looks like it can't find the Struts Bean tag library. This lives in the
    struts-taglib-x.y.z.jar file (where x.y.z) is the version of Struts you
    are using, e.g. 1.3.8.

    Where did you put the Struts jar files? In WEB-INF/lib or in Tomcat's
    shared/lib directory? Have a look at this:

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/>

    Regards,

    Richard

    Richard Senior, Apr 28, 2007