problem running after upgrade

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Russ Amer, Mar 25, 2011.

  1. Russ Amer

    Russ Amer Guest

    Hi, I am a newbie to this site,

    I have search for the issue I am having and found similar issues and
    have tried what has been suggested, but at this point have not got it
    working. we had test that run under ruby version 1.8 and needed to move
    to 1.9.1. After the upgrade I cannot got the tests to run, so something
    has gone wrong with the upgrade.

    gem env gives

    RubyGems Environment:
    - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.6.2
    - RUBY VERSION: 1.9.1 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 378) [i486-linux]
    - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1
    - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /usr/bin/ruby1.9.1
    - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /usr/bin
    - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
    - ruby
    - x86-linux
    - GEM PATHS:
    - /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1
    - GEM CONFIGURATION:
    - :update_sources => true
    - :verbose => true
    - :benchmark => false
    - :backtrace => false
    - :bulk_threshold => 1000
    - REMOTE SOURCES:
    - http://rubygems.org/


    export gives

    declare -x GEM_HOME="/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems"
    declare -x GEM_PATH="/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems"


    declare -x
    PATH="/usr/local/apache-maven/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/real/RealPlayer:/opt/TimesTen/tt70//bin:/var/lib/gems/1.9.1/bin"


    gem list --local gives


    *** LOCAL GEMS ***

    abstract (1.0.0)
    actionmailer (3.0.5)
    actionpack (3.0.5)
    activemodel (3.0.5)
    activerecord (3.0.5)
    activeresource (3.0.5)
    activesupport (3.0.5)
    arel (2.0.9)
    builder (3.0.0, 2.1.2)
    bundler (1.0.10)
    ci_reporter (1.6.4)
    columnize (0.3.2)
    diff-lcs (1.1.2)
    erubis (2.6.6)
    ffi (1.0.7)
    fileutils (0.7)
    haml (3.0.25, 2.2.24)
    hanna (0.1.12)
    highline (1.6.1)
    i18n (0.5.0)
    magic (0.2.6)
    mail (2.2.15)
    mime-types (1.16)
    polyglot (0.3.1)
    rack (1.2.2)
    rack-mount (0.6.13)
    rack-test (0.5.7)
    rails (3.0.5)
    railties (3.0.5)
    rake (0.8.7)
    rdoc (3.5.3, 2.3.0)
    rest-client (1.6.1)
    rmagick (2.13.1)
    rspec (2.5.0)
    rspec-core (2.5.1)
    rspec-expectations (2.5.0)
    rspec-mocks (2.5.0)
    rspec-rails (2.5.0)
    rubygems-update (1.6.2)
    selenium-client (1.2.18)
    selenium-rc (2.3.2)
    syntax (1.0.0)
    thor (0.14.6)
    treetop (1.4.9)
    tzinfo (0.3.25)


    when I run my tests, I get

    rake
    (in /home/netdev/workspace/cie2-gui/framework)
    rm -rf spec/reports
    /usr/bin/ruby1.9.1 -S rspec test_master.rb
    /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
    `require': no such file to load -- spec (LoadError)
    from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
    `require'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/selenium-client-1.2.18/lib/selenium/rspec/reporting/selenium_test_report_formatter.rb:11:in
    `<top (required)>'
    from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
    `require'
    from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
    `require'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/configuration.rb:236:in
    `block in requires='
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/configuration.rb:236:in
    `map'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/configuration.rb:236:in
    `requires='
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/configuration_options.rb:23:in
    `block in configure'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/configuration_options.rb:22:in
    `each'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/configuration_options.rb:22:in
    `configure'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/command_line.rb:17:in
    `run'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/runner.rb:55:in
    `run_in_process'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/runner.rb:46:in
    `run'
    from
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rspec-core-2.5.1/lib/rspec/core/runner.rb:10:in
    `block in autorun'

    Report files archived to:
    /home/netdev/workspace/cie2-gui/framework/reports/archive/2011-03-25/16-28-54-tests



    if I try to run spec manually, spec -h gives

    spec -h
    /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:388:in `bin_path': can't find
    gem rspec ([">= 0"]) with executable spec (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
    from /usr/bin/spec:19:in `<main>'


    obviously this is some kind of config issue, but I have spent some time
    on it, and to be honest not making much progress.

    any help would be greatly accepted.

    best rgds Russ

    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
     
    Russ Amer, Mar 25, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. BBuff
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,463
    BBuff
    Sep 26, 2005
  2. Robert Ginsburg
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    520
    Robert Ginsburg
    Jan 2, 2006
  3. Jason Blair

    Problem with ASP after upgrade to IIS 6

    Jason Blair, Jan 27, 2005, in forum: ASP General
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    261
    Tom Kaminski [MVP]
    Jan 27, 2005
  4. Jason Wold

    problem after rails upgrade

    Jason Wold, Nov 18, 2005, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    116
    Jason Wold
    Nov 18, 2005
  5. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    291
    Dr.Ruud
    Jul 5, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page