    anything about this.
    Thanks,
    Sravani

    Sravani, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Sravani wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am setting up a new server for an already running website. The
    > problem is the person before me ran ASP scripts on .html extension
    > pages (The old machine is a windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0). Now
    > when I transfer all the pages on to the new machine I am having
    > trouble running the ASP scripts on the .html pages. The pages work
    > fine when I rename them to .asp. But with the .html extension I
    > cannot run the scripts. I am thinking that I am missing some settings
    > or some dlls which take care of running the ASP scripts on the .html
    > page. But I do not know what I am missing. Please post if you know
    > anything about this.
    > Thanks,
    > Sravani

    By default, .htm pages are not included in the ISAPI filter in IIS Manager.
    You need to add the extensions you wish to have treated as active server
    pages.

    If you need more detail, ask in the .iis group.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 8, 2005

  3. Sravani

    Digit24 Guest

    Open the IIS control panel.

    Click on the Home Directory Tab and then the Configuration button.

    Under the mappings tab, you need to add an entry for htm and html. Under
    the executable path, copy the line from the asp entry.

    This should mean that the ASP engine processes the html pages

    Digit24, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Sravani

    Sravani Guest

    Hi
    Thank you very much for the help. I got it set to treat .html pages as ASP
    pages and now it works fine. Thanks again.
    Sravani

    Sravani, Jun 8, 2005