Problem running ASP scripts on a html page

Sravani

Hi,
I am setting up a new server for an already running website. The problem is
the person before me ran ASP scripts on .html extension pages (The old
machine is a windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0). Now when I transfer all the
pages on to the new machine I am having trouble running the ASP scripts on
the .html pages. The pages work fine when I rename them to .asp. But with the
..html extension I cannot run the scripts. I am thinking that I am missing
some settings or some dlls which take care of running the ASP scripts on the
..html page. But I do not know what I am missing. Please post if you know
anything about this.
Thanks,
Sravani

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Sravani said:
Hi,
I am setting up a new server for an already running website. The
problem is the person before me ran ASP scripts on .html extension
pages (The old machine is a windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0). Now
when I transfer all the pages on to the new machine I am having
trouble running the ASP scripts on the .html pages. The pages work
fine when I rename them to .asp. But with the .html extension I
cannot run the scripts. I am thinking that I am missing some settings
or some dlls which take care of running the ASP scripts on the .html
page. But I do not know what I am missing. Please post if you know
anything about this.
Thanks,
Sravani

By default, .htm pages are not included in the ISAPI filter in IIS Manager.
You need to add the extensions you wish to have treated as active server
pages.

If you need more detail, ask in the .iis group.

Bob Barrows

Digit24

Open the IIS control panel.

Click on the Home Directory Tab and then the Configuration button.

Under the mappings tab, you need to add an entry for htm and html. Under
the executable path, copy the line from the asp entry.

This should mean that the ASP engine processes the html pages

Sravani

Hi
Thank you very much for the help. I got it set to treat .html pages as ASP
pages and now it works fine. Thanks again.
Sravani