Problem running Flawfinder with Python

Crose, Carol

I need to test some lsof source code and have loaded Flawfinder 1.22 to
test it. Flawfinder required Python 1.5 or better so I loaded Python
2.2.3. This is all running on an HPUX 11.11 server.

When I run:
/opt/flawfinder-1.22/flawfinder /usr/local/bin/lsof-4.67
I get the following error:
No such file or directory: python

I am totally new to all these programs. Can anyone help????

Thank you!
Carol
(e-mail address removed)

Peter Hansen

Crose said:
I need to test some lsof source code and have loaded Flawfinder 1.22 to test it. Flawfinder required Python 1.5 or better so I loaded Python 2.2.3. This is all running on an HPUX 11.11 server.

When I run:
/opt/flawfinder-1.22/flawfinder /usr/local/bin/lsof-4.67
I get the following error:
No such file or directory: python

I am totally new to all these programs. Can anyone help????

If "flawfinder" is a Python script, check the first line of it
for text that looks something like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python

or perhaps

#!/usr/local/bin/python

You either need the python executable installed in the specified
directory or, for the /usr/bin/env version, you need it installed
in a folder that is in the PATH. "echo $PATH" to see what you have
now.

-Peter