problem running long commands with os.system()

Discussion in 'Python' started by jon c, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. jon c

    jon c Guest

    does anyone know a quick solution to the following problem (I know it's not
    directly python related)

    I am running on windows 2000 (yuk) and using python 2.3.2

    i run the command os.system(cmd) where cmd is a very long string.

    i get the error

    "The following character string is too long:"

    followed by some of my character string.

    Can i run these commands in some cunning way?

    http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess

    jon c, Feb 11, 2004