    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    , Dec 20, 2005

  2. Zoonosis Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I installed the JDK, set the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME variables but
    > still cannot run the tomcat (version 4.1).
    >
    > I get this pop windown with this error when I execute startup.sh:
    >
    > "Cannot find the file '-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false' (or one of its
    > components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
    > required libraries are available."
    >
    > If I remove that flag from the start up path, I get the same kind of
    > message for the next -D option.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    What about CATALINA_BASE ? On my system, I set it to the same value as
    CATALINA_HOME.
    Zoonosis, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Dave Glasser Guest

    wrote on 20 Dec 2005 13:04:49 -0800 in
    comp.lang.java.programmer:

    >I installed the JDK, set the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME variables but
    >still cannot run the tomcat (version 4.1).
    >
    >I get this pop windown with this error when I execute startup.sh:
    >
    >"Cannot find the file '-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false' (or one of its
    >components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all
    >required libraries are available."
    >
    >If I remove that flag from the start up path, I get the same kind of
    >message for the next -D option.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Did you export the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME variables before you
    launched the script?

    --
    Check out QueryForm, a free, open source, Java/Swing-based
    front end for relational databases.

    http://qform.sourceforge.net

    If you're a musician, check out RPitch Relative Pitch
    Ear Training Software.

    http://rpitch.sourceforge.net
    Dave Glasser, Dec 21, 2005