Problem saving a csv file through ASP.NET application

M. D'Costa

Hello,

I am saving a csv file through an ASP.NET web application. The data is
obtained from a database and
saved to the local users machine.

I am using the Response objects methods of Addheader and ContentType. It
works fine on my machine to save the file, however on another machine
browser(Internet Explorer), it prompts to save the aspx page. When I say to
save the aspx page, it then opens up the 'save dialog box', and saves the
csv files without any problem.

I think this is a setting on the browser, where it prompts to save the aspx
page, any ideas on how to change this?

Thanks,
Marise

Girish Bharadwaj

I dont think you can silently save files on user's machines. I would think
that would be a huge security hole.