    Joel Zinn
    Sr IT Architect
    American Electric Power
    Joel Zinn, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Hi Joel,

    I'm going to guess your problem is one of permissions? Are you actually
    getting to the 'upload' folder?

    If you end up with an external path I would use some sort of config settings
    to control where that path sits. The main thing you need to worry about is
    that the Web Account has rights to write the file into htis upload
    directory. This means ASPNET or NETWORK SERVICE usually...

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies

    "Joel Zinn" <> wrote in message
    > am having to change several websites that upload files. Our web master
    > has changed the replication tool and that is causing a problem. We have
    > been using the normal httpInputFile object. It works great, as long as

    you
    > have a direct path ("c:\temp\uploads"), but it does not work well with
    > virtual paths (http:\\AppName\Uploads). The problem is that the physical
    > folder is not under the root app path, it has to be in another physical
    > location to replicate properly. We can set up the virtual directory to

    view
    > the files, but the uploads return an error about URI formats not

    supported,

    Rick Strahl [MVP], Jul 19, 2004