Problem Sending email form web form

Guest

While trying to send an email using the .net mail class I get this error:

"The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 553 sorry, you have not authenticated for relay and <[email protected]>
is not a local address.(#5.7.1) "

Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Thanks, Justin.

Guest

Hi Justin,

From the problem you described I guess your SMTP server requires
authentication
before you can send email using the SMTP server.
Some SMTP servers need authentication to restrict/authorize usage of the
SMTP server
Hence you will have to add code for authentication with the SMTP server
before you cans end a mail.

I havent ever done that but searching a bit on google i came up with this
link

http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/pradeepd/archive/2004/01/28/236.aspx

see if this is of any use to you.

Thanks