Problem sending mail (CDOSYS)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Serge Myrand, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. Serge Myrand

    Serge Myrand Guest

    Hi everybody,

    The following code for sending email (found on msn I think) works find
    when used in a .VBS file. I double click the file and the mail is send.
    When I use the same code in my .ASP application I get the following
    message:
    "The pickup directory path is required and was not specified"

    Where to specify that directory?

    As stated in the article http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2418. I did
    'web share' c:\inetpub\mailroot\pickup and got no result. It seems that
    sending email using a .VBS file does not use the same ressource as using
    a .ASP file even if the component is the same (CDOSYS)! How can'I solve
    this problem?

    here is the code i use in the .asp file:

    Dim iMsg
    Dim iConf
    Dim Flds
    Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2

    set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    Set Flds = iConf.Fields
    With Flds
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") =
    1 ' local server
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") =
    "http://127.0.0.1"

    ..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontimeout")
    = 10

    ..Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpServerPort") =
    25
    .Update
    End With

    With iMsg
    Set .Configuration = iConf
    .To = "<>" 'Enter a valid email address.
    .From = "<>" 'Enter a valid email address.
    .Subject = "This is a test CDOSYS message (Sent via Port 25)"
    .HTMLBody = TableData
    .Send
    End With

    Set iMsg = Nothing
    Set iConf = Nothing
    Set Flds = Nothing

    Thank's in advance
    serge
    Serge Myrand, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Serge Myrand

    Serge Myrand Guest

    Hi,

    The user has admin rights and the directory is shared (LAN and WEB). Is the
    'pickup' directory must be mention in the .ASP file or SMPT use it by default?

    thank's
    serge

    Serge Myrand, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Serge Myrand

    Serge Myrand Guest

    Hi,

    Ok, I found the reason why..! This is due to a security modification. Look at
    http://www.slipstick.com/files/Q324037.doc
    I run XP Pro sp2 and the workaround uusing the PickUp directory works find for
    me.
    I needed to add :
    ..item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverpickupdirectory")
    = sPickupPath