problem setting up web site (iis5) with asp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by barabba72@hotmail.com, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I cannot understand why,

    I simply create a new web site using Windows 2000, IIS 5.
    I use say c:\test as a home page, in this folder there is a file
    homepage.asp.

    I assign a dedicated ip address to this web site.
    If I try to browse to this web site I just get a "You are not
    authorized to view this page"

    Why ?? I cannot understand where the problem is !

    Thanks and Regards.

    BTW, The homepage.asp contains:

    <% @ Language=VBScript %>

    <head>
    <title>Home Page>
    </head>

    <% Response.Write "Hello World!" %>

    , Oct 28, 2005

  2. Bob Lehmann Guest

    Is the default document for the site set to be homepage.asp?

    Have you tried http://whatever/homepage.asp?

    Have you tried renaming it to default.asp?

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Oct 28, 2005

    ok,
    now it works !

    Thanks.

    , Oct 29, 2005
  4. Tim Guest

    Hi All,
    I checked this post to see if it is applicable to my situation.
    Unfortunately, I don't think so. I need help, too for setting up the asp
    application. I have Win XP professional and IIS 5.1. I follow the direction
    from a book that is for with Win 2000 and the server is Win NT 4.0. I have
    tried to move ASP files to Inetpub/wwwroot/Test (where Test is a folder
    sample I created), use the default asp page. I also created the virtua
    directory. At the URL bar, I typed
    http://localhost/Test/Default.asp.
    The Default.asp does show up, but it does not show up the next asp page that
    supposed to be show up after the first one show.

    Do you think I can use Win 2000/Win XP and IIS 5.1 to write an ASP
    application?
    P.S. : I alread configur

    Tim, Oct 31, 2005
  5. Tim Guest

    Sorry, what I mean in the P.S. of the previous message is I already create
    the application directory, creating the virtual directory, ODBC datasource. I
    confuse about initializing the application-level variables. Can you tell me
    about this? Thanks.
    Tim

    Tim, Oct 31, 2005