problem setting up web site (iis5) with asp

barabba72

Hi all,

I cannot understand why,

I simply create a new web site using Windows 2000, IIS 5.
I use say c:\test as a home page, in this folder there is a file
homepage.asp.

I assign a dedicated ip address to this web site.
If I try to browse to this web site I just get a "You are not
authorized to view this page"

Why ?? I cannot understand where the problem is !

Thanks and Regards.

BTW, The homepage.asp contains:

<% @ Language=VBScript %>

<head>
<title>Home Page>
</head>

<% Response.Write "Hello World!" %>

Tim

Hi All,
I checked this post to see if it is applicable to my situation.
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I need help, too for setting up the asp
application. I have Win XP professional and IIS 5.1. I follow the direction
from a book that is for with Win 2000 and the server is Win NT 4.0. I have
tried to move ASP files to Inetpub/wwwroot/Test (where Test is a folder
sample I created), use the default asp page. I also created the virtua
directory. At the URL bar, I typed
http://localhost/Test/Default.asp.
The Default.asp does show up, but it does not show up the next asp page that
supposed to be show up after the first one show.

Do you think I can use Win 2000/Win XP and IIS 5.1 to write an ASP
application?
P.S. : I alread configur

Tim

Sorry, what I mean in the P.S. of the previous message is I already create
the application directory, creating the virtual directory, ODBC datasource. I
confuse about initializing the application-level variables. Can you tell me
about this? Thanks.
Tim