    Core in VHDL, for example a fifo?

    Thanks,

    Jeremy

    Jeremy Webb, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Jeremy Webb

    jtw Guest

    Yes, Xilinx has a simulation library for CoreGen. The quickest way to get
    the correct answer would be to look on their web site. (I am at home and
    don't have quick access to the directory structure to tell you where to find
    what.) Actually, since it seems you've done the same thing with unisim
    and/or simprim, you should be able to find the source very quickly. Yhey
    are all in the same area; they all use the same command/script--just
    different arguments for the compile.

    Jason

    jtw, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Jeremy Webb

    Jeremy Webb Guest

    (Jeremy Webb) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm having issues simulating my design that uses a Xilinx
    > CoreGenerator core. I imported the XilinxCoreLib directory, but
    > ModelSim doesn't recognize the files as a library. Does anyone know if
    > Xilinx provides a pre-compiled ModelSim library similar to those for
    > unisim and simprim? Or, has anyone successfully simulated a Xilinx
    > Core in VHDL, for example a fifo?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeremy

    Hi.

    Nevermind. I figured it out. To be able to use the Xilinx Core's in
    ModelSim SE/PE you have to compile the XilinxCoreLib directory using
    COMPXLIB either from the command line or within ISE Project Navigator.
    The end result is a new directory with library information that
    ModelSim SE/PE can interpret. Once I did this, I was able to simulate
    all of my Xilinx cores correctly.

    Thanks,

    Jeremy

    Jeremy Webb, Oct 23, 2004